Happy Valentine’s Day, readers!
Brooklyn was walloped by the storm yesterday. The morning forecast said “winter warning,” to which my reaction was “shouldn’t it be winter storm warning?” Given the frequency of storms we’ve been having, I no longer think it was a typo.
I suggest seeking refuge from the blistering cold this Valentine’s Day with one of my favs: HOT CHOCOLATE! My shot of love and hot chocolate is super simple, and so chocolatey that it’s probably as hard to shoot as tequila. Sip it, dip some marshmallows and strawberries in it, and have fun!
A Shot of Love & Hot Chocolate
Serves…a lot (save the rest in the fridge!)
2 cups low-fat milk
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli’s 60%)
1 tbsp coffee
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp sugar
1. Heat the milk until just before it boils. Stir to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
2. Pour the chocolate into a large cup. When the milk is hot, add it to the chocolate and stir.
3. When the chocolate is fully combined with the milk, add the coffee, vanilla and sugar.
4. Allow to cool slightly (scalding hot liquid and glass don’t always mix).
5. Pour into shot glasses and enjoy!