I’m not Catholic, but I’m more than happy to celebrate Fat Tuesday. While I don’t generally break out the beads and party topless Mardi Gras style, I’m more than happy to gorge on my favorite foods.
Speaking of overindulgence, I never really understood why it’s a sin. Aside from the whole health thing, what’s the big deal? I’m fairly certain I can think of worse things I could do with my time than gorge myself into overfed bliss.
So here is the recipe for my wickedly addictive and delicious “Oh Fudge” brownies. The first time I made them I had to throw them away so I would stop eating them (now that should be some sort of moral offense). Be forewarned. And Happy Fat Tuesday!
(And don’t bother pointing out my hypocrisy because I already know)
“Oh Fudge” Brownies
serves a party (or one very greedy individual)
2/3 cup Semi-Sweet (or Bittersweet) Chocolate Chips
11 tbsp Butter (about 1 1/2 sticks)
1 tbsp Vanilla
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Flour
1 tbsp Instant Coffee
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium-sized bowl (either in the microwave or in a double boiler).
3. Cool the chocolate, then mix in the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, coffee, baking powder/soda and salt.
5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Line a baking dish (about 9×9 or so) with tin foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
7. Empty the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).