1 lb chicken backs
1 cup celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups of water
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 sprigs of thyme
4 sprigs of parsley
1 bay leaf
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Season the chicken backs with S&P. Lightly grease a roasting pan with olive oil. Add the chicken, and then lightly drizzle olive oil on top of the chicken.
3. Roast the chicken for about 30 minutes.
4. Drain the oils from the chicken into a large pot. Warm to medium heat.
5. Add the celery, onions and carrots to the pot and saute for about 7 minutes. Then season with S&P.
6. Add the chicken backs, herbs and water to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the stock to a boil.
7. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 3 hours.
8. Strain and use or store in the freezer.